One of the issues that I constantly find myself complaining about is that I have too much homework, and not enough time to complete it. Every weekday after school is finished, I have field hockey practice until 5:30, after which I have to shower and eat dinner. And by the time I sit down to begin my homework, I'm already exhausted. I will also admit that I have a bit of a procrastination issue, preferring to put off my homework for as long as possible. To solve this issue, a possible solution would be to avoid procrastinating my homework, which would definitely alleviate the stress of having to finish it late at night. Another solution is to try to improve my time management so I can efficiently complete my homework in a moderate amount of time. By taking action on these solutions, I found that I could finish my homework in the time I have, without waiting until the last minute and becoming stressed. Another issue I frequently complain about is being extremely tired during the school day, and not being able to focus in class. This issue is caused by staying up late in general, either trying to finish homework, watching television, or using the computer. In order to solve this issue, I attempted to fix my procrastination issue, as mentioned previously, and limit the use of technology right before I go to bed. I tried to go to bed at an earlier and more reasonable time, which had a significant impact on my ability to focus in school the next day, and not be as tired.
One of the biggest things I take for granted is my friends. My friends are some of the most important people in my life that I may not always take the time to appreciate. Several great aspects of my friends include that they are always there for me, they support my goals, they never fail to make me laugh and brighten my mood, I can ask them for advice, and I know that I can always rely on them and confide in them. Although I am already very grateful to have my friends be a significant part of my life, one way that I could appreciate them more fully is to put more effort into spending time with them. Another action I could take to appreciate my friends more fully is to return to them all of the favors they do for me. Lastly, I could frequently let them know how much I appreciate having them in my life, and all of the great things they do for me. After improving my actions to appreciate my friends more fully, I realized that this not only benefits my well-being, but also the well-being and happiness of my friends. When I took the time to appreciate my friends for everything they do, I no longer took them for granted and I savored my friendships even more. By having close relationships with these people, and socializing with them more often, I became happier and felt more satisfied. This effect lasts a long time because when I constantly spend time with my friends and thank them for the favors they do for me, I continue to appreciate them and realize they should never be taken for granted.
Grade: A-) Friends are such an important element in our lives. Why do we let those who matter the most, not know that they matter the most? Procrastination can be a time management thwart, however, when do you get to recharge the batteries and find time to unwind after practice?? Maybe you can be proactive with your homework and plan into your day downtime.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to make connections to the work we do in class. Do the exercises and make connections between the work we are doing or have done.
ReplyDelete