Although I usually listen to music before I go to bed, listening to the most moving music I know of every night was an overall amazing experience. I really appreciated listening to these great, powerful songs with no other distractions. Some of my favorite moving songs that I listened to were: “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion, “Speechless” by Lady Gaga, “You and I” by Ingrid Michaelson, and “Valerie” by Amy Winehouse. By listening to these songs at the end of the day, I was able to relax and reflect on the important things in my life. Much of the music I listened to was thought provoking, and the songs themselves were very emotional and consisted of relatable circumstances. Often these circumstances were ones that I could personally relate to. Although this experience was a positive one, listening to so many moving songs all at once often overwhelmed me. Many of the songs provoked a lot of strong emotions, which made it difficult to listen to them together every night. After this experience, I gained a deeper insight on the impact of music on our lives. Music has such a great impact on us because we are often able to relate to either the tone of the music or the lyrics specifically, and listening to music gives us an outlet to express our emotions.
When I asked my friend to recommend the most amazing music she knows, she gave me a list of countless songs, due to the fact that she is obsessed with music. The songs were of varying genres, tones, and meanings, which made it more interesting to listen to her choices in music. A lot of the music that I listen to is influenced by this friend because she often shows me new songs she enjoys and thinks that I will enjoy. We have always had a similar taste in music, and after listening to her favorite songs, I found that we loved a lot of the same amazing music. I really enjoyed listening to the songs on her list that I had never heard of before, because doing so opened my eyes to different artists and genres that others enjoy listening to. By listening to my friend’s amazing song recommendations, I was able to see what kind of music impacted her, and think about why these songs had such a huge impact on her. I noticed that a lot of the music was reflective of my friend’s personality, which is very fun and energetic. Also, many of her song choices had lyrics about going out and living life to the fullest, which is a lesson my friend takes to heart. Music is so influential in our lives because it can affect our actions, such as living life to the fullest, and influence our way of thought.
Grade: A) Glad you had such a wonderful experience with music. The larger question remains, why? Why does music have such an impact on us? What does this mean? Should we listen, play, sing, dance to music more often?
ReplyDelete